Compliance Executive (Malta)
Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd is seeking a smart, diligent, and proactive Compliance Executive with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You will ensure that our operations and business transactions comply with all relevant regulatory requirements while meeting our organisation’s standards of conduct.
Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd holds an investment service license in Malta that operates via the award-winning platform, Binary.com.
Launched in 2000, Binary.com is one of the oldest and most respected names in the industry. The Binary.com platform allows you to trade synthetic indices, currencies, stocks, indices, and commodities.
Binary.com is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
Our company is built on a culture that fosters teamwork, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity. We go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused. Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Your skills and motivations
You are a dependable professional with strong character and high ethical standards. You’re not afraid to speak your mind and stand by difficult decisions.
You are smart, driven, and proactive. You thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment, and approach even the smallest task with an open mind.
You can also multitask, adapt to changes quickly, and seamlessly digest new information.
Most importantly, you value the importance of constant, open, and honest communication.
To excel in this role, you must have:
● A bachelor’s degree in commerce or any business-related field, law, or risk management.
● A good understanding of, and keen interest in corporate, legal or regulatory compliance
● Thorough understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) processes
● The ability to draft and review legal documents, and prepare licence applications
● A proactive approach in problem-solving
● The ability to absorb and understand varied compliance matters in a number of international jurisdictions
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.
● A Diploma in Financial Crime, Risk Management and Compliance (ICA) will be an advantage
As our Compliance Executive, you must ensure that our group companies worldwide conduct their business operations in full compliance with relevant laws and regulations –– both national and international.
● Work with the Head of Compliance to ensure group companies comply with AML, KYC, and Data Protection laws and regulations
● Plan and direct internal programmes and policies to empower all departments with the knowledge, awareness, and practices of regulatory compliance
● Track laws and regulations that may affect all group companies and implement necessary changes to internal policies in order to manage and mitigate our risk and exposure
● Screen and approve website content and marketing promotions
● Review and monitor business contracts and agreements entered into by group companies worldwide
● Assist with regulatory audits and annual statutory audits of group companies worldwide
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits.
You will also enjoy a casual dress code, flexi hours, as well as travel and Internet allowances.
This role is based at our headquarters in Msida.
About Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd
Binary Ltd is the recognized leader in the fixed-odds financial betting industry. The company's award winning website, Binary.com, offers its clients a broad range of fixed-odds bets on international stock indices, foreign exchange rates, equities, and commodities, ranging in duration from minutes up to one year in duration. Our company is unique in its ability to offer investors, speculators, traders, and gamblers the ability to price and purchase customized market risk.
Binary Ltd was incorporated in 1999 and the Maltese subsidiary started operating in 2001. We have offices in Malta and in Malaysia with a total headcount of 45 around the world.