Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd is seeking a talented and detail-oriented Compliance &
Payments Analyst. You will monitor, analyse, and conduct various checks on client accounts
and deposits to mitigate potential risks from fraud and money laundering.
Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd holds an investment service license in Malta that operates via the
award-winning platform, Binary.com.
Launched in 2000, Binary.com is one of the oldest and most respected names in the industry.
The Binary.com platform allows you to trade synthetic indices, currencies, stocks, indices, and
Binary.com is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a
startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
We make every effort to foster a culture that values collaboration, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity, and we go to great lengths to foster a
supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused.
Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Your skills and motivations
You must be able to multitask and have a problem-solving mindset. We work with complex
regulations and processes every day. You should have a curious mind, be able to think on your
feet, and have the talent to seamlessly digest new information.
You are smart, driven, and proactive. You thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work
environment, and approach even the smallest task with an open mind. You are very particular
about details, and you possess keen analytical skills.
Most importantly, you value the importance of constant, open, and honest communication.
We are looking for someone who loves to:
● Plan, create, and optimise processes for greater organisational efficiency
● Analyse complex procedures and regulations, and identify areas for improvement
● Interact and communicate with people, both internal and external stakeholders alike
● Do great work, and inspires people around them to do the same
● Get things done in a no-nonsense manner
● Work without bureaucracy and hierarchy
● Learn and improve, day in and day out
To excel in this role, it’s ideal for you to have:
● A bachelor’s degree in commerce or any business-related field, IT-related field or
● Good understanding of the link between payments functionality, as well as money
laundering and fraud prevention
● Aptitude for working in an international environment
● Ability to acquire knowledge of varied AML matters in a multitude of international
● Proactive approach in problem-solving and solution delivery
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
● Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.
● Knowledge of payment transaction analysis, in particular e-wallets/cryptocurrencies will
be considered an advantage
You are responsible for mitigating the risks and abuse that we face from fraud and money
laundering. To accomplish this, you must monitor, analyse, and conduct various anti-fraud and
AML checks on client accounts and deposits. You will join us in Malta and report to our Head of
● Monitor fraud and money laundering patterns in deposit and withdrawal behaviour
● Work closely with the Head of Payments to proactively suggest improvements to the cashier
setup, including customer activity from an AML and anti-fraud perspective and overall
fraud and payment performances (card success rates, chargebacks, etc.)
● Work closely with customer support, compliance, and payment teams
● Support the payments team in a certain daily analysis where needed
● Approve e-wallet payouts and withdrawal rules
● Coordinate with Payment System Service Providers in offering cryptocurrencies and
digital wallets as a payment method
● Research new Payment Systems that are available in the market
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits.
You will enjoy a casual dress code, flexi hours, and travel and Internet allowances.
This role is based at our headquarters in Msida.
About Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd
Binary.com is the award-winning leader in online binary options trading. Our platform allows customers to trade currencies, stocks, and commodities.
Founded in 1999, we are one of the oldest and most respected names in our industry. Today, we have over one million registered accounts around the world, and trade over USD 1 billion in options transactions per year.
Our business is growing strong. Over the last five years, we have grown more than 20-fold. We expect to grow even further in the coming years.
Binary Ltd was incorporated in 1999 and the Maltese subsidiary started operating in 2001. We have offices in Malta and in Malaysia with a total headcount of 150 around the world.