The ideal candidate must be responsible for engaging, entertaining, interacting and providing a unique dining experience to all our guests. Primarily works in front of restaurant while cooking and preparing hot meals on hibachi tables directly in front of guests. Ensures correct food portions are being cooked and maintains the kitchen areas and hibachi tables clean and sanitized. Prepares and sets up food for cooking and side orders.
Greets and welcomes guests within 15 minutes of their Teppan order(s).
Performs a cooking show for assigned tables ensuring his/her interaction with guests is appropriate and non-offensive.
Readily provides guests with information about the restaurant food items as they are being cooked or upon guest inquiries.
Responds promptly and courteously to guest requests.
Asks guests for cooking preference, as applicable, and follows guest instructions.
Responsible for quality, quantity, consistency and timeliness of food preparation.
Responsible for entertainment aspects of all diners while in the Teppanyaki room.
Ensure quality food presentation, portioning and proper garnishes procedures are followed.
Responsible for keeping the Teppanyaki line clean and organized at the end of shift.
Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area and conform to all European Health Service standards
•Ability to work fast and efficiently
•Ability to follow established dress code policies and practice good personal hygiene
•Ability to interact with guests, coworkers and management in a professional and courteous manner
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
· Must have minimum 3 years of hands on experience as a Teppanyaki Chef in Japan.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability to monitor and anticipate guests’ needs and respond accordingly in an effort to maintain a positive and enjoyable dining experience. Ability to entertain and perform in front of guests is strongly desired.
· Accurate and detail-oriented.
· Highly organized with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
· Ability to prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper techniques and equipment to be used. Must be able to clearly explain how food is prepared, cooked, and served to guests. Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is highly desirable.
· Must have the ability to recognize and resolve problems in an appropriate manner.
· Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Must be able to clearly speak in English.
· Must be experienced in Japanese cuisine.
What we offer:
· 48 duty work hours with one day off.
· Paid holidays – Annual leave.
· A 2-year contract.
· Working permit provided by Marina Restaurants Ltd. to those eligible to live and work in Europe.
· Accommodation provided by the company.
· Health insurance provided by the company.
· A serious and well-organized environment and a fast business growing company.
About MARINA RESTAURANTS LTD
Early 2007, Marina Restaurants Ltd assumed the challenge of managing the stunning collection of bars and restaurants in the Portomaso marina area.
Twelve years later the ‘’Mission’’ goes on.
Marina Restaurants offers the established, Sale e Pepe Tradizione Italiana, Marina Terrace Pizzeria & Brasserie, Zen Japanese Sushi Bar & Teppanyaki, ONE Portomaso, Zen Sushi to Go Skyparks, Zen Sushi to Go Pavi, Zen Sushi to Go Pama and Zen Sushi to Go St. Julian's. There is obviously more though at Portomaso.
The Marina at Portomaso is the kind of place where you can simply decide where to eat as you are parking in the huge underground car park. You can have a pre-dinner drink in one place, eat in one of the restaurants, have an after-dinner drink or coffee in another and then go for a nice walk along the marina.
Alex Ellul can boast over 30 years of ‘severe sweat’ in the catering industry.
Managing director of Marina Restaurants Ltd he is passionate about the revitalisation challenge he has taken on, but the road is long to say the least.
Welcome to Portomaso Marina…