We are pleased to invite applications from personnel for the vacancy of SUSHI CHEF within the Japanese Outlets “ZEN SUSHI TO GO”, based within the newly developed Sky Parks Business Centre adjacent to the Malta International Airport, the Pama Shopping Village in Mosta, the Pavi Shopping Complex in Qormi, and the soon due to open St. Julian’s, respectively.
1) His / her responsibilities:
Must be responsible for professional Sushi preparation related matters only.
The ideal candidate must be able to prepare all kind of maki : hosomaki, futomaki, uramaki, temaki, nigiri, ready to work in a fast paced environment and to keep very high level of tidiness and hygiene.
– The candidate will be responsible for the smooth running of the sushi counter as well as for the preparation of a large variety of sushi and maki rolls.
– Previous experience from Japan and overseas will be an asset.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Modern Japanese creative flair and influence.
– Very attentive to food quality and presentation.
– Well verse in English.
– Good customer care skills.
– Degree in Hospitality / Culinary Management preferred.
– Certified in Food Handling and HACCAP.
– Valid Passport to travel within Europe.
– Written and signed job references from previous employers (for a total of 3 year job experience).
3) Language requirements:
4) Duty hours:
48/50 wk with one day off.
5) Paid holidays / Annual leaves:
6) Term (length) of employment:
A 2 year contract.
7) Approximate starting date:
8) Additional benefits:
– Working permit provided by Marina Restaurants Ltd. to those eligible to live and work in Europe.
– Accommodation provided by the company.
– Health insurance provided by the company.
Candidates with proper requirements only are kindly requested to apply.
Please send your personal CV and a passport sized picture
About MARINA RESTAURANTS LTD
Early 2007, Marina Restaurants Ltd assumed the challenge of managing the stunning collection of bars and restaurants in the Portomaso marina area.
Nine years later the ‘’Mission’’ goes on.
Marina Restaurants offers the established, Sale e Pepe Tradizione Italiana, Marina Terrace Pizzeria & Brasserie, Zen Japanese Sushi Bar & Teppanyaki, Caffe’ Portomaso, Zen Sushi to Go Skyparks, Zen Sushi to Go Pama. There is obviously more though at Portomaso.
The Marina at Portomaso is the kind of place where you can simply decide where to eat as you are parking in the huge underground car park. You can have a pre-dinner drink in one place, eat in one of the restaurants, have an after-dinner drink or coffee in another and then go for a nice walk along the marina.
Alex Ellul can boast over 30 years of ‘severe sweat’ in the catering industry.
Managing director of Marina Restaurants Ltd he is passionate about the revitalisation challenge he has taken on, but the road is long to say the least.
Welcome to Portomaso Marina…