We are a catering company located in the Island of Malta, Europe.
We are currently looking for a Japanese native Sushi Chef to work in a Japanese Restaurant in Portomaso, St. Julian`s, Island of Malta.
Please find here-under some additional information for your perusal:
1) His/her responsibilities:
Must be responsible for professional cooking related matters only.
2) Requirements: While reporting to the CEO, the candidate will be responsible for providing leadership in the culinary sector of the restaurant and uses perception and creativity to not only maintain, but exceed the existing standards of the restaurant.
He/she must ensure at all times we remain competitive and leading the way in Japanese cuisine within the local/international market.
– Responsible for supervising kitchen and coordinating activities of other members of the sushi bar and sushi prep area in preparing, portioning, cooking and garnish fine Japanese food dishes.
– Previous experience from Japan and overseas.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Modern Japanese creative flair and influence.
– Very attentive to food quality and presentation.
– Well verse in English.
– Extensive knowledge of Japanese cuisines.
– Degree in Hospitality/Culinary Management preferred.
– Certified in Food Handling and HACCAP.
3) Language requirements: Japanese & English.
4) Nationality: Japanese, preferred.
5) Other benefits: Accommodation provided.
6) Duty hours: 48/wk with one day off.
7) Paid holidays / Annual leaves: Annual leave.
8) Term (length) of employment: A 2 year contract.
9) Approximate starting date: immediately.
10) Working permit provided by Marina Restaurants Ltd.
Candidates with proper requirements only are kindly requested to apply.
Please send your personal CV and a passport sized picture.
About MARINA RESTAURANTS LTD
Early 2007, Marina Restaurants Ltd assumed the challenge of managing the stunning collection of bars and restaurants in the Portomaso marina area.
Nine years later the ‘’Mission’’ goes on.
Marina Restaurants offers the established, Sale e Pepe Tradizione Italiana, Marina Terrace Pizzeria & Brasserie, Zen Japanese Sushi Bar & Teppanyaki, Caffe’ Portomaso, Zen Sushi to Go Skyparks, Zen Sushi to Go Pama. There is obviously more though at Portomaso.
The Marina at Portomaso is the kind of place where you can simply decide where to eat as you are parking in the huge underground car park. You can have a pre-dinner drink in one place, eat in one of the restaurants, have an after-dinner drink or coffee in another and then go for a nice walk along the marina.
Alex Ellul can boast over 30 years of ‘severe sweat’ in the catering industry.
Managing director of Marina Restaurants Ltd he is passionate about the revitalisation challenge he has taken on, but the road is long to say the least.
Welcome to Portomaso Marina…